05/09/2011

Why I am here

I decided it was time for me to lose some weight as I was getting very porky and my clothes were starting to get very tight. I was refusing to go to a bigger size in clothes. I was already a 16 so there was only one way to go and that was down.

Tonight I went to my first Slimming World meeting and met some lovely people. The consultant was Kat Lewis. There were a couple of others who joined the same night as me. The consultant spoke to us new ones seperatly and explained how Slimming world worked.

I had been to slimming world before and new a little about it but the concept had changed a bit and now instead of red & green days they now suggested easy extra menus.

The easy extra concept is really easy to follow it means you can mix carbs & protein but you do have to have at least one third of you plate filled with super free food. I will make a list of all of these as this blog unfolds.

After the talk we joined the others and Kat spoke to each of the members praising everyone she never put anyone down and spent a bit more time with them if she thought there might be a problem.  This went on for about 45mins and was very informative and was full of lots of different ideas from different members.

Normally we would weigh in on arrival but new members weigh in at the end and the verdict of my weigh in was 13st 5lb I was horrified and set my first target for 12st. I do plan on my ultimate target being 10st so wish me luck


August 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment