28/11/2011

Xmas Teddy - Knitting to stay Slim

Holly Chilling out with her Monkey mate Starry


Went to Hobby Craft and found a great pattern book with 20 to make knitted bears by Val Pierce. Was a bit disappointed with this book. When I got home I looked closer and there is only one pattern for a teddy the rest of the patterns are for clothes and different ways to dress the teddy. That will teach me to look a bit closer before I buy.

All that taken into consideration it is a good book and gives me lots of things to do to keep my hands occupied and not eat.

Knitted Holly Christmas Bear from the book but not sure where I went wrong as the dress is now bigger than the teddy and I found the teddy face very confusing when I had to sew it up as it stiched as a triangle and you had to fold it a certain way. When I had folded it, it looked nothing like the picture. After about 20 minutes of trying to get it to look like the picture I ended up folding it my way and stiching it up. As for the size I think I must have gone wrong on the body of the teddy as the rows were correct on the dress. Will have to make another one of these soon just to see if it comes out ok.

Stictch her face and body put some stuffing in and put on her dress which now looks as she has a lovely red Christmas dress on.

Holly Checking the Time
Holly Chilling out with her Monkey mate Starry


This is the book by Val Pierce that I got the pattern from for Holly the Christmas Bear 



No comments:

Post a Comment